What do you do on a daily basis? I make a point of doing the following every single day:
- Write out my Morning Pages. This does wonders for clearing my mind and capturing ideas.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes, ideally 20. I can’t overstate the benefits of this.
- Exercise, except for deliberate breaks on Saturday and Sunday. I usually do kettlebells or myotatic crunches. The health benefits are obvious.
- Post a blog entry, e.g. the one you’re reading now. An important tool for self-reflection and for keeping my writing skills sharp.
- 15 minutes of outdoor sunlight, or at least UV light. Essential for my mental health in any given winter, never mind in these trying times.
- Clear out any pending transactions in my budget app. Prevents an intimidating backlog and keeps me cognizant of my expenses.
- Clear out all notifications on my phone. This does a lot to mitigate my tendency to procrastinate on replies.
- Journaling before bed. Useful for maintaining perspective and for keeping track of events in my life.
What would you add to this list? What would you take away, if anything? Which of these could you start doing today?